Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Novosbed Inc., Edmonton’s most successful e-commerce startup, is looking for an SEO specialist to use their expertise to continue driving incredible growth and success across North America.
This role requires you to work with our marketing team to drive organic traffic to all Novosbed online properties through keyword research, on page SEO, content generation and optimization, and link building and other offsite SEO initiatives.
- Drive growth in non-branded organic traffic to all web properties
- Use analytics and intelligence tools (such as Google analytics, Google Trends, SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, etc) to find and capitalize on SEO opportunities
- Ensure that all properties are in excellent standing in Google Search Console
- Assist in SEO optimized content generation for all brand properties
- Build useful, comprehensive and insightful dashboards to monitor, analyze and report on SEO performance
- Lead development and execution of backlink strategy
- Ensure all properties consistently follow best practices for on-site SEO
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and maintain cutting-edge SEO knowledge
- Collaborate with paid advertising/SEM partner to expose opportunities in SEO and SEM
- Demonstrable knowledge of search engine spidering, crawling and indexing processes while understanding the importance of XML sitemaps, robots.txt files and 301 redirects to those processes
- Solid knowledge of web server function as it relates to SEO
- Strong familiarity with the web development process, including points at which SEO must be considered
- Working knowledge of the differences between desktop and mobile website design as they relate to SEO
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel, Numbers, Sheets), including the ability to perform pivot table-like functions and VLOOKUPs (understanding of INDEX/MATCH is a plus)
- Working knowledge of on-site analysis tools (Screaming Frog, FireBug/Chrome Developer Tools, etc.) in relation to SEO
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification Certified
- Google AdWords Certified
- Career development opportunities
- Free mattress of your choice within the Novosbed range
- Bi-weekly company funded lunches
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Equipment, hardware, and software of your choosing
- Tickets to local sporting and cultural events
Novosbed is an Edmonton-based e-commerce company with tens of thousands of customers and partners all over North America.
Novosbed is often used by companies worldwide as a benchmark in a multi-billion dollar industry. With highly recognizable and reputable brands, products, and service levels, Novosbed competes against some of the best marketers, product designers, creative specialists, and customer service teams across the world.
Every single day is different and exciting. Our business demands experts in agile thinking, rapid deployment, and flawless execution.
If you really want to make significant, measurable impact to a company’s performance, work with people that challenge you every day, and you want to challenge us with your expertise, we want you to apply for this position NOW.
- You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
- You MUST also include examples of your previous work, writing samples, and examples of previous SEO campaigns you have worked on.
- We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.