Social Media Specialist
Salary: $70,000.00 to $104,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
At GoodMorning.com we offer a unique work environment tailored to high-performing individuals who want to help build a business that competes on an international stage.
We place working with outstanding colleagues as our most prized office perk; we practice being open, honest, and efficient with our communication; we believe in offering top of market pay and benefits to attract the best and the brightest to work with us; we empower every employee with freedom and responsibility; and we deliver relentlessly customer-centric products that drive phenomenal growth.
As such we have built a team of exceptionally gifted and world-class people, who compete and win against some of the smartest eCommerce minds.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and thrive in an environment where those opinions are vigorously tested, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Social Media Specialist
“Engaging, Objective, Customer-Obsessed”
This will be your guiding mantra when you:
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy
- Engage with many of our thousands of customers via Social Media tools (like Agorapulse, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Master our use of Social Media engagement to increase our share of the market
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Developing, implementing, and managing our social media strategy
- Defining and refining the most important social media KPIs, and engagement tactics
- Working with teammates to create and deploy social media content in line with strategic objectives
- Measuring the success of social media engagement as a marketing “channel”
- Engaging with customers in an intelligent and objectives-focused manner
- Encouraging customer advocacy via social media
- Managing promotional calendars across multiple brands and social media channels
- Collaborating with Marketing, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Tech, and Product Development teams
- Discovering and developing new social media channels
- Efficiently documenting (and we mean efficiently: the bullet point is our best friend) and disseminating best practices to increase mastery of social media channels
- Ensuring that social media priorities are adequately represented in corporate planning sessions
- Making sure that any and all work being done is in accordance with clearly defined and measurable objectives
- Consistently meeting deadlines and operating within budgets
- Maintaining cutting-edge industry knowledge
- Ability to write immaculately in English; bilingual writing skills in French is an asset but not required
- Ability to competently handle complex customer situations to ensure the best customer experience possible
- Capable of writing in multiple tones for different audiences on different social channels
- Expert-level proficiency with social media management tools (including Hootsuite, Agorapulse, etc.)
- Ability to identify and think deeply about complex marketing concepts to inform strategy and tactical best practices
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong multi-tasking skills; highly organized
- Professional and positive attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and Edmonton’s largest eCommerce company. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.