Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
“Strategic Communications Leadership”
This will be your guiding mantra when you take the reins of our communications team to build and improve upon our:
- highly engaged customer base
- tactical engagement of onsite and offsite communications channels
- fact-driven books of best practice
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Leading the reputation management of our products and company through offsite and onsite communications channels
- Overseeing and contributing to the development of press/social media calendars, creative briefs, outreach packages, and channel engagement tactics and best practices
- Using press coverage to drive improvements in brand sentiment, recognition, and recall, nationwide
- Managing existing customer advocacy and reward programs and identifying new opportunities to increase their efficacy
- Overseeing and coordinating influencer marketing efforts to achieve consistently growing nationwide reach
- Building, coaching, and grooming a team of world-class social media, reputation, and communications specialists
- Establishing and monitoring KPIs that align with communications and company objectives, and the pursuit thereof
- Documenting and disseminating best practices to increase mastery of communications channels
- Ensuring that all work is done in the pursuit of clearly defined and measurable objectives
- Consistently meeting deadlines and operating within budgets
- Maintaining cutting-edge industry knowledge
- 5+ years experience developing marketing communications strategies
- Proven aptitude for leading a team
- Strong leadership including: ability to effectively steer a team; leading with passion; focusing on what matters; and driving results measurable external to the business
- Immaculate written English skills; bilingual skills in French is an asset but not required
- Public conflict management skills and the ability to manage complex customer situations to ensure the best customer experience possible
- Demonstrable achievements in generating top-tier press coverage
- Experience with customer advocacy initiatives
- Proven experience with influencer marketing initiatives
- Understanding of marketing, communication, and content strategies and how targeted content can fulfill business objectives
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong multi-tasking skills; highly organized
- Professional and positive attitude
- Flexible schedule
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and Edmonton’s largest eCommerce company. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.