Director of Customer Service
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
At GoodMorning.com we offer a unique work environment tailored to high-performing individuals who want to help build a business that competes on an international stage.
We place working with outstanding colleagues as our most prized office perk; we practice being open, honest, and efficient with our communication; we believe in offering top of market pay and benefits to attract the best and the brightest to work with us; we empower every employee with freedom and responsibility, and we deliver relentlessly customer-centric products that drive phenomenal growth.
As such we have built a team of exceptionally gifted and world-class people, who compete and win against some of the smartest eCommerce minds.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and thrive in an environment where those opinions are vigorously tested, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Director of Customer Service
A systematic, detail-oriented, forward-thinking department leader responsible for delivering key service outcomes for GoodMorning.com customers. The Customer Service Director has significant levels of responsibility and accountability for operational delivery, and is responsible for identifying and developing all culture, process, and performance improvements and efficiencies for the customer, and for leading/developing a team to deliver remarkable customer service across multiple channels.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Acting as the voice of the customer across the organisation
- Developing strategic initiatives to relentlessly improve the level of customer service we deliver, and ensuring these initiatives are adopted quickly and comprehensively
- Developing, documenting, and implementing effective and efficient processes with an eye towards collaboration with other departments
- Improving NPS, CSAT, and other useful customer happiness metrics
- Creating a culture that delivers continuous renewal through analysis, deep thinking, and strong collaboration internally, as well as with other departments and third parties
- Improving quality and consistency with respect to service delivery
- Enhancing first call resolution, and other critical results to make our service even more remarkable
- Identifying new tools and technologies to better serve the customer
- Using insight from teammates and customers to identify, collect, and prioritize challenges and opportunities and, when applicable, ensuring these challenges and opportunities are communicated to the appropriate member(s) of the leadership team to be acted upon
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, and identifying any potential risks
- Defining, negotiating, and overseeing the effective utilization of resources in line with service specifications, business objectives, and service level agreements
- Developing opportunities to increase revenue streams
- Reducing the cost to serve
- Leading and developing a senior management team to improve the customer experience by enhancing performance measures, operating guidelines, service levels, and best practices
- Working closely with operational management to recruit and develop top-performing team members
- Building out a robust training and development program to ensure our customer service team is knowledgeable and able to provide best-in-class service to all customers
- Being an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strengths of the team, and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Ensuring the team is aware of their goals, objectives, and performance expectations; providing formal performance assessments, developing performance development plans, and taking appropriate corrective actions as required
- Being present and engaged with all stakeholders; being a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and producing creative and/or unique solutions
- Becoming an integral part of the leadership team to create and support the company’s strategic objectives; illuminating opportunities for being more competitive, remaining at the forefront of the industry, and delivering relentlessly better customer service
- Minimum of a 4 year university degree, Master’s Degree in relevant discipline is an asset but not required
- Minimum of 10 years experience in customer-centric roles and 2 years leading managers of teams
- Minimum of 2 years experience in strategic leadership
- Proven management and/or relationship management experience at a senior, strategic level role
- Established track record of exceeding targets, KPIs, and SLAs
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills, with a strong ability to prioritize work effectively
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven strength in team leadership
- Strong empathy for customers AND a passion for revenue and growth
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset, but not required
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Parking subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is one of Canada’s largest independent mattress retailers and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies.
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements and your process to get there
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.