Salary: $81,000.00 to $146,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
At GoodMorning.com we offer a unique work environment tailored to high-performing individuals who want to help build a business that competes on an international stage.
We place working with outstanding colleagues as our most prized office perk; we practice being open, honest, and efficient with our communication; we believe in offering top of market pay and benefits to attract the best and the brightest to work with us; we empower every employee with freedom and responsibility, and we deliver relentlessly customer-centric products that drive phenomenal growth.
As such we have built a team of exceptionally gifted and world-class people, who compete and win against some of the smartest eCommerce minds.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and thrive in an environment where those opinions are vigorously tested, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
A systematic, detail-oriented, forward-thinking software craftsperson, responsible for designing and implementing fast and robust eCommerce code.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Consistently develop and deploy code that improves system usability and performance
- Select platforms and languages that most efficiently achieve company goals
- Assist in the planning and design processes for building new software assets
- Manage production of code from conception to completion
- Collaborate internally to ensure correct prioritization of tasks
- Conduct code quality checks
- Maintain cutting-edge industry knowledge
- Mentor junior software developers
- Maintaining cutting-edge industry knowledge
- Expert proficiency in an object-oriented language
- Mid-level proficiency in designing user interfaces
- Minimum of a 4 year university degree
- Ability to think strategically and design under constraints
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Parking subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is one of Canada’s largest independent mattress retailers and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements and your process to get there
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.