Digital Video Director
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Novosbed Inc., Edmonton’s most successful e-commerce startup, is looking for a digital video director to use their expertise to continue driving incredible growth and success across North America.
This role requires you to work with our marketing team to develop industry-leading dynamic content that conveys our physical and digital products in an engaging, innovative, and informative format across a range digital and traditional media networks and for all Novosbed properties.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for product marketing videos, product review videos, customer stories, external promotional social videos
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Project manage video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Develop production schedules
- Select and hire additional crew and talent; direct and coach talent; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent, and equipment; and ensure all location needs are met
- Reserve and rent equipment
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting dynamic and static graphics and animation, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Assist in the evaluation of the performance of video assets, and use conclusions drawn to guide future asset generation
- Consistently achieve pixel-perfection
- Ability to project manage video asset generation
- Ability to think strategically and produce under constraints
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrable understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how targeted video can fulfill business needs
- Familiarity with professional cameras, pre-production/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, storyboarding and photography
- Familiarity with small format audio mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multitrack and waveform editing.
- Proven track record in digital video editing, basic 2D motion graphics, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms
- Ability to operate a camera
- Demonstrable mastery of editing software such as Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere Pro
- $55k-$65k/yr. – More for exceptional candidates
- Health & dental benefits
- 2 weeks vacation
Novosbed is an Edmonton-based e-commerce company with tens of thousands of customers and partners all over North America.
Novosbed is often used by companies worldwide as a benchmark in a multi-billion dollar industry. With highly recognizable and reputable brands, products, and service levels, Novosbed competes against some of the best marketers, product designers, creative specialists, and customer service teams across the world.
Every single day is different and exciting. Our business demands experts in agile thinking, rapid deployment, and flawless execution.
If you really want to make significant, measurable impact to a company’s performance, work with people that challenge you every day, and you want to challenge us with your expertise, we want you to apply for this position NOW.
You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
You MUST also include examples of your previous work and portfolio.
We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.