Managing Digital Editor
Salary: $80,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Managing Digital Editor
“Compelling, Persuasive, and Meticulous Digital Content”
This will be your guiding mantra when you:
- Thoroughly research and champion strategic content creation
- Build, supervise, and champion a team of world-class editors, writers, and contributors
- Deliver a high volume of error-free, on-brand content—on time
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Planning and managing all daily operations relating to our publications
- Hiring, coaching, and supervising editorial personnel to ensure the deployment of amazing amounts of result-generating content
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to determine new content generation and existing content optimization priorities
- Coordinating all editorial publication activity
- Planning and approving assignments for editorial personnel
- Controlling schedules and enforcing deadlines
- Overseeing proofreading procedures and editing copy when necessary
- Ensuring only the highest-quality work is publicly visible
- Assisting in the evaluation of finalized copy for compliance with legal, style, and tone requirements
- Building a network of outsourced contributors to efficiently create large amounts of high-quality content
- Managing all internal and external publication costs
- Representing the editorial team in Marketing planning meetings
- Optimizing editorial workflows and publishing guidelines
- Being present and engaged with all stakeholders; being a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and producing creative and/or unique solutions
- Other duties that may be reasonably be assigned
- Perfect written English; ability to speak and write in French considered a strong asset
- At least 5 years of experience in a publication management role
- At least 5 years of experience managing internal and outsourced staff
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in English, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how targeted content can fulfill business goals
- Able to write in multiple tones to cater to different audiences on different platforms
- Solid understanding of generating content for multi-platform and cross-device UI/UX
- Mid-level proficiency with content management systems including, but not limited to, WordPress
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized
- Solid understanding of SEO & SEO tools (i.e. AHrefs, Moz, SEMrush)
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience with Google Ads considered an asset
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer, and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth.” If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
- You MUST also include examples of your previous work, writing samples, and examples of previous publications you have worked on or managed.
We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: GM-MDE-09-2020